Navaratri Millet Dhokla
The rains call for comfort foods that's both healthy and extremely delicious. We have the perfect recipe in store for you -Dhokla, and that too a healthier version
Millet Dhokla is one of those recipes that you will never stop using on a rainy day because it defines comfort. And what better way to enjoy comfort if not guilt-free?
The recipe can be made using any of the millets which are light (little millet / barnyard millet / Samai)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- 10 Curry Leaves
- Dry roast millet for 2 minutes on low heat. Remove, wash thoroughly and dry on a clean cotton cloth for 20 minutes.
- Make grits/rava using the mixer.
- In a bowl, add salt and curd, beat the two to make it smooth. Mix the millet grits thoroughly and keep it covered to ferment overnight.
- Next morning, add chopped green chillies, grated ginger and soda. Mix well.
- Grease two plates and pour the batter into them. Tap the plates so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Steam the batter for around 10 to 12 minutes. Once cooled, cut into pieces.
- Take a piece of dhokla, apply green chutney and cover with another piece. Repeat the same for the remaining Dhoklas.
Do the seasoning mentioned above and pour it on the dhoklas. Serve.
Let us know how it turned out, stay tuned for more.
- Pallavi Gupta