Did you know that Foxtail Millet, which is also known as 'Thinai' in Tamil,'Kangni/Rala' in Hindi, 'Navane' in Kannada, 'Korra' in Telugu, and 'Thina' in Malayalam.
- 2 cups of Nutty Yogi's Foxtail millet
- 1/2 ltr curd
- 2 grated cucumbers
- 5/7 Curry leaves
- 2/3 Bydaggi chilles
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- Soak and rinse the millet in a bowl of water for about 5min.
- In a non stick kadhai, add water and the rinsed millet and let it cook until boil and check if cooked. And strain excess water.
- Add the grated cucumbers and curd into the cooked millet, mix well and keep aside.
- Now on a pre heated small kadhai add ghee and let it heat, add mustard seeds and wait for it to pop.
- Once the oil is heated, add curry leaves and the Bydaggi chilles and saute for about a minute.
- Add the thadka into the mixture of curd and millets.
- Serve with pickle and your millet curd rice is ready!