A rustic and delectable Bihari delicacy consisting of roasted wheat balls stuffed with spiced gram flour, served with a smoky eggplant and tomato mash.
For the casing-
- 300 Gm Nutty Yogi Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Oil Salt for seasoning Water as required
- Season the flour, rub oil into it and adding the required amount of water knead into a firm but smooth dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 20-30 mins.
For the Sattu Stuffing-
- 200 Gm Nutty Yogi Sattu
- 1.5 Tbsp Pickle (any spicy pickle of your choice. blended into a paste if chunky)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 1.5 Tbsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- Salt for seasoning
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and using very little water
- Knead into a soft dough.
- Roll the stuffing mix into balls.
- Pinch small portions of the whole wheat casing dough, flatten into a disc, stuff with the sattu mix and roll into a spherical Litti.
- Roast/bake these on coal/ cowdung embers or on a mesh rack placed on a flame.
- Add 2/3 tsp baking soda while kneading the casing dough if planning to bake in an oven.