Shop By Category
- Shop by Benefits
- About Us
Fruity Millet Pue/Gulgule-A gluten free, no sugar recipe.
Pue or pua as called in Punjabi and Gulgule in Uttar Pradesh, is a deep fried snack made during festive occasions in most homes in Punjab and UP. It is usually made with wheat flour and sugar or jaggery.. I have made it with multi millet flour and jaggery powder and fried it in pure cow ghee by Nutty Yogi .. These healthy alternatives add a great texture and flavour to these sweet Indian donuts.
1 banana- mashed
1 medium size apple- skin removed and grated
1/2 cup jaggery powder
1 tsp fennel seeds (Saunf)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (Elaichi)
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups multi millet flour
Water as required (to make the batter)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Desi ghee as required (to deep fry)
1. In a bowl, mash the banana using a fork or a mashed. Once mashed add jaggery powder and mix it well. There should be no lumps present.
2. To this mixture add grated apple, fennel seeds, cardamom powder and salt and mix everything well.
3. Add multi millet flour and mix. Add water as required and mix well to make a lump free batter of pouring consistency (like a pakora batter is made)
4. To this batter add baking powder (we do this so the pue can become soft and puffy)
5. Heat ghee in a wok. Once hot add a spoonful of pue batter to the hot ghee. Don’t make too many pue at one time. Fry as per your woks size.
6. Let one side fry on low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes, once it holds shape flip it on the other side and fry till both sides are golden brown and crispy.
7. Serve the pue hot or at room temperature, as it is or with kheer/rabdi.