Shop By Category
- Shop by Benefits
- About Us
A gluten free patty snack that tastes somewhat like a samosa. It has a flavourful filling and a crunchy crust. You can even fry it but I wanted to make it a tad bit healthier so have baked it instead. Serve it with ketchup, chutney or your favourite dip.
1. In a bowl add gluten free baking flour and everyday nutri atta by Nutty yogi
2. To that add salt and hot desi ghee. Add water and make a firm dough. Like that of poori and samosa.
3. Keep the dough covered till we make the filling. For the filling, to hot oil add cumin and Ajwain seeds.
4. Once they splutter, add green peas and boiled mashed potatoes. Cook this on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
5. Next add all the dry spices and mix well. Cook the filling on low-medium flame for 7-10 minutes till it changes colour and becomes golden brown.
6. To shape the fish, take small amount of dough and roll it flat to a medium size chapati. The sides should be a little thick.
7. Keep the filling in the centre and cut the edges of the chapati from top and bottom as shown in the video.
8. Then make cuts on both sides of the chapati. These will form the scales of the fish
9. Start overlapping the cuts on one another till it reaches the end and takes the shape of a fish, as shown clearly in the video.
10. Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush some milk on the fish to get a golden brown and crisp crust
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is cooked and golden.
12. Serve with your favourite dip. Enjoy!